Data Scientist - Risk
Inventa is a B2B marketplace (https://www.inventa.shop/) whose mission is to leverage small retailers and entrepreneurial people throughout Brazil! Through our digital platform, they have access to thousands of amazing products and brands, promotions and credit lines. We empower our clients to grow their businesses with sustainability, data and consistency. We are growing more than 100% a month and we seek to expand our team with diverse, creative and motivated people to build and grow together with us! Come be an Inventer!
As an early member of Inventa’s data team, you’ll help us build data infrastructure and implement machine learning in our product. You’ll also contribute to our data model and provide insights from our data that drive critical product and business decisions. You’ll have ownership over your area and do the best work of your career with the support of a fast-moving team doing the same.
Responsibilities and assignments
- Contribute to a high-performing data science team building Inventa’s risk platform
- Engineer features for fraud detection and credit underwriting
- Implement and continually adapt models to detect fraud and extend credit to retailers
- Design and run experiments to measure the impact of your work
- Develop evaluation frameworks and monitoring for our credit models
- Contribute to Inventa’s Risk area of expertise
- Work with Product, Engineering and Design on the credit and fraud UX
Requirements and qualifications
- 2+ years experience in risk data science (especially SMB), or equivalent
- Expert in the programming language of your choice, comfortable in Python
- Experience with software development best practices such as TDD, VCS, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience running A/B tests, especially in fraud and credit
- Strong SQL skills with an ability to write clean, understandable code (dbt is a plus)
- Working communication skills in English - Portuguese and Spanish are a plus
- Ability to focus on what matters and ruthlessly prioritize your work
- Competitive salary package
- Health plan
- Life insurance
- Meal allowance (Caju card VR/VA))
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Child Care assistance
- Day Off on birthday
- Stock Options
Quem somos / Who are we
Empoderando empreendedores para que conquistem seus sonhos.
Nascemos com esta incrível missão de tornar a vida de milhões de empreendedores da América Latina mais fácil, conectando marcas fantásticas a pequenos varejistas e facilitando todo o processo de compra, seleção e descoberta de novos produtos, crédito, logística e atendimento.
Nós iniciamos nossa operação no início de 2021 e recebemos um aporte de R$30 milhões em outubro de 2021, R$115 milhões em janeiro de 2022 e mais US$55 milhões em abril, com participação de fundos como NXTP, PearVC, OneVC, Maya Capital, Monashees e Greylock. Com esses investimentos estamos expandindo nosso time para crescer em um ritmo ainda mais acelerado.
Nas reportagens abaixo falamos um pouco sobre nosso negócio e planos para o futuro:
Empowering entrepreneurs to achieve their dreams.
Our mission is to make the lives of millions of entrepreneurs in Latin America easier, connecting fantastic brands to small retailers and facilitating the entire process of purchasing, selection and discovery of new products, credit, logistics and service.